Derek Scally plumbing specialises in the repair of frozen pipes. With over 15 years of experience, Derek and his team offer a quick response service in the case of a customer experiencing frozen pipes during a cold spell.
How does a customer realise they have frozen pipes;
- Be prepared during cold snaps and expect the unexpected
- Sudden water stoppage can mean water starting to freeze in the pipes
- Water tank in the attic empty/ not refilling
- Discovery of burst pipe, water connection, pipe cracked
- If you can hear a continuous sound of water running in your home when everything is turned off.
Immediate Action upon discovering frozen pipe leak;
- Shut off water supply at mains
- Contact your plumber and get an expected time of arrival
- Close off radiator/water supply valves where necessary & limit as much water supply to the leak
- Place buckets/vessels under all leaks to capture as much water as possible
- If you find water gathering from a ceiling leak, put a small hole in the ceiling and allow water drain away. This can save on further costs to repair a whole ceiling section
Derek Scally repair services for frozen pipes includes;
- Prompt reply with accurate time estimation of response to your emergency
- Immediate remedial works to stop frozen pipe leak where necessary
- Quick onsite assessment and estimation of overall costs involved to repair
- Professional and guaranteed repairs carried out by experienced team
- Available to advise with any other plumbing & heating needs.